The Santa Barbara County Energy Watch Partnership is a program designed to promote and implement energy efficiency in government, businesses, and residential homes. It is funded by PG&E and Southern California Gas, and the program is administered by the Santa Maria Valley Chamber of Commerce.
How successful has the program been?
Since 2010, the Partnership has helped over 450 businesses and organizations in northern Santa Barbara County save on energy and reduce their costs.
Altogether, the energy savings from upgrading the energy efficiency of businesses (over 15,149,746 kWh annually) is enough to power 1,386 homes. In addition, the average business savings is $4,761 in energy costs per year! Now THAT is helping local businesses while saving energy.
Here’s how the savings breaks out per participating city and in the unincorporated area of northern Santa Barbara County:
- Santa Maria: Over 330 businesses = 7,693,733 kWh = enough savings to power 703 homes.
- Buellton: Over 22 businesses = 459,185 kWh = enough savings to power 42 homes.
- Solvang: Over 39 businesses = 5,327,165 kWh = enough savings to power 487 homes.
- Guadalupe: Over 21 businesses = 432,910 kWh = enough savings to power 40 homes.
- northern Santa Barbara County: Over 36 businesses = 1,236,753 kWH = enough savings to power 113 homes.
That’s not all!
In addition, the Partnership has upgraded municipal buildings in Santa Maria, Guadalupe, Solvang, Buellton, and in the unincorporated areas of Santa Barbara County.
Municipal and jurisdictional energy upgrades:
- 122 projects = 2,307,292 kWh = over $324,866 in taxpayer savings = enough savings to power 211 homes.
The Santa Barbara County Energy Watch Partnership consists of:
- Southern California Gas
- City of Buellton
- City of Guadalupe
- City of Santa Maria
- City of Solvang
- County of Santa Barbara
- The Partnership is administered by the Santa Maria Valley Chamber of Commerce
For more information about the Santa Barbara County Energy Watch Partnership, contact:
Mobile: (805) 680-5016
Select a topic below for additional energy-saving information.