RMDZ – Recycling Market Development Zone
The Santa Maria Valley Chamber of Commerce administers this program for the Santa Barbara Region. Participating municipalities include:
- County of Santa Barbara
- City of Santa Barbara
- City of Goleta
- City of Lompoc
- City of Buellton
- City of Santa Maria
What is the RMDZ?
The RMDZ (Recycling Market Development Zone) is a program funded through the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle). The RMDZ program provides low interest loans and technical assistance to firms that use recycled materials to make new products or that prevent or reduce waste as part of the manufacturing process.
What is the Purpose of the RMDZ Program?
The purpose of the RMDZ program is to assist businesses to find innovative ways to cost-effectively produce less waste and more product for greater profits.
Who is Eligible?
Businesses and nonprofit organizations located in the Santa Barbara Regional RMDZ are eligible to participate.
What financial assistance is available?
Low-interest loans to eligible businesses that:
- Manufacture a new product by using secondary (post consumer or post industrial) waste materials.
- Achieve a net reduction in the waste generated from the manufacturing of a product
- Add value to a finished product for reuse by reconditioning, reprocessing, repairing, washing, or re-manufacturing.
What is the maximum loan amount, terms and interest rates?
- 75% of a project’s cost or $2 million, whichever is less.
- For real estate purposes, a maximum of $1 million may be borrowed.
- Loan term may not exceed 10 years (15 years if secured by commercial real estate).
- Fixed interest rate for the term of the loan.
For more details contact:
RMDZ Program Manager
Chamber of Commerce (805) 925-2403
Mobile: (805) 680-5016